GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 11 years experience.
10949255

2008 chevy colorado: 2.9L, engine light just came on, scan tool code

i have a 2008 chevy colorado, 2.9L, engine light just came on, scan tool code is p2341 can you tell me what it means?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  GM Tech (Cam) replied 3 years ago.
Hello, I'm Cam. Please include all the details about your issue so I can accurately advise you. I cannot see your vehicle so please be detailed.
Can you verify the code, it does show as valid.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i work at advance auto parts in inman sc, the light came on i took my truck to the store hooked up the scanner, and the code was p2341, i can't remember what all it readsomething about air flow bank one
was it this one
DTC P2431 : Secondary Air Injection System Pressure Sensor A Circuit Range/Performance

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i thank it was, when i started the truck to leave the store the light was off
  1. Ignition OFF, disconnect the harness connector at the AIR solenoid valve.
  2. Ignition OFF, test for less than 1 ohm between the low reference circuit terminal 1 and ground.
    If greater than the specified range, test the low reference circuit for an open/high resistance. If the circuit tests normal, replace the ECM.
  3. Ignition ON, test for 4.8-5.2 volts between the 5-volt reference circuit terminal 3 and ground.
    If less than the specified range, test the 5-volt reference circuit for a short to ground or an open/high resistance. If the circuit tests normal, replace the ECM.
    If greater than the specified range, test the 5-volt reference circuit for a short to voltage. If the circuit tests normal, replace the ECM.
  4. Verify the scan tool AIR Pressure Sensor parameter is less than 0.5 volt.
    If greater than the specified range, test the signal circuit for a short to voltage. If the circuit tests normal, replace the ECM.
  5. Install a 3A fused jumper wire between the signal circuit terminal 2 and the 5-volt reference circuit terminal 3. Verify the scan tool AIR Pressure Sensor parameter is greater than 4.9 volts.
    If less than the specified range, test the signal circuit for short to ground or an open/high resistance. If the circuit tests normal, replace the ECM.
  6. Connect all electrical connectors.
  7. Ignition ON, engine OFF, observe the AIR Pressure Sensor parameter.
    If the AIR Pressure Sensor parameter does not equal the BARO parameter, replace the AIR solenoid valve.
  8. Engine running, enable the AIR system with a scan tool and observe that the AIR Pressure Sensor parameter equals approximately 8-10 kPa above BARO.
    If not within the specified range, continue with this procedure.
  9. Remove the AIR inlet hose from the AIR pump.
  10. Engine running, enable the AIR system with a scan tool and observe that the AIR Pressure Sensor parameter increases to 8-10 kPa above BARO.
    If within the specified range, the AIR pump inlet hoses/pipes are restricted. Remove the restriction or replace the hose/pipe.
  11. Disconnect the hose from the AIR pump outlet.
  12. Disconnect the hose quick-connect from the AIR solenoid valve inlet.
  13. Install a length of standard 25.4 mm (1 inch I.D.) hose from the AIR pump outlet to the AIR solenoid valve inlet.
  14. Engine running, enable the AIR system with a scan tool and observe that the AIR Pressure Sensor parameter increases to 8-10 kPa above BARO.
    If within the specified range, the AIR pump outlet hoses/pipes are restricted or leaking. Remove the restriction or replace the hose/pipe.
    If less than the specified range, replace the AIR pump.
    If more than the specified range, continue with this procedure.
  15. Remove the AIR solenoid valve.
  16. Leave the standard hose and harness connector connected.
  17. Engine running, enable the AIR system with a scan tool and observe that the AIR Pressure Sensor parameter increases to approximately 7 kPa above BARO.
    If more than the specified range, replace the AIR solenoid valve.
    If within the specified range, test/inspect the cylinder head for restriction.
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience: GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 11 years experience.