Experience:  ASE certified tech ADVANCED LEVEL SPECIALIST. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector

Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS The warning system for my 2007 monte

The warning system for my 2007 monte carlo flashes "low engine oil pressure please turn engine off" I change the synthetic oil and the sensor and it still flash this message. Note this warning goes on and off and does not stay on all the time. I listened to the engine when this warning message was on and it sounds liken the engine is getting oil. What do I do next?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 5 years ago.

Have you checked the engine oil pressure?

Are you saying that the engine oil is clean and full but this light continues to stay on?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Brand new engine oil and full today and warning goes on and off does not stay on all the time

Replaced oil sensor

Did not check oil pressure

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 5 years ago.
There is in fact a TSB about this problem. Here it is.

Some customers may complain of a low oil pressure message/light on the dash and a technician may find a P0521 DTC in the ECM.

If this concern is encountered, follow SI diagnosis. If it indicates that the Tech 2 oil pressure parameter is low but proper oil pressure is present at the oil filter housing, inspect the Valve Lifter Oil Filter for debris/sludge that could be restricting oil flow to the oil pressure sensor before replacing any parts. Follow the Valve Lifter Oil Filter Removal and Installation Procedure to remove the filter for inspection. If the filter is plugged, it can normally be cleaned with brake/contact cleaner and light shop air. If it cannot be cleaned for some reason, replace it using the part number listed in
the parts catalog. Do not replace the complete Valve Lifter Oil Manifold just because the filter is plugged.

#452 - Valve Lifter Oil Filter

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
if that doesn't fix it then what?
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 5 years ago.
Then you check the wiring from the sensor back to the computer.