jazzmaster, ASE Certified Technician

1994 chevy: 5.7L..TBI...The throttle body..only works

I have a 1994 chevy silverado 5.7L TBI. The throttle body is not getting any fire to inject the fuel. It only works when I run a hotwire direct from the battery to the red wire on the throttle body wire.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  jazzmaster replied 5 years ago.

hi, here is a flow chart and diagram of your injector system ,go through this chart and follow it ,this will help you find the problem,also check the injector fuse (10 amp)there should be bat voltage on the red wire and on the white wire at each of the injectors with the key on ,,...guy..

Chart Test Description: Number(s) below refer to circled numbers on the diagnostic chart.

1. This test will determine if the ignition module is generating a reference pulse; if not, check to see if the wiring is at fault or the ECM is at fault. By touching and removing a test light connected to 12 volts to CKT 430, a reference pulse should be generated. If injector test light blinks, the ECM and wiring are OK.
  2. This step tests for 12 volts to the injector. It will also determine if there is a short to voltage on the ECM side of the circuit.
  3. This test checks for continuity to the ECM.
  4. graphic