Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

Chevrolet Impala firing diagram for a 2002 chevy impala. my

Customer Question

firing diagram for a 2002 chevy impala. my son took all the spark plug wires off to change the plugs instead of one at a time. 3.5L engine
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Paul M ASE Master replied 3 years ago.

Hello and thank you for using Just Answer

I'm Paul and I will help you with your Question

is it a 3.4 or a 3.8 liter? they do not come with a 3.5 is 2005 and up

Paul

Edited by Paul M ASE Master Tech CHEVY L1 on 2/4/2011 at 4:43 AM EST

3.5 is 2005 and up

Paul

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
sorry it might be a 2006. all i know about the car is that it has a 3.5L engine and its an impala. my son had to use my truck to go and pickup his room mate. he kocked the car. i do have the vin number if that helps

the 10th digit of the vin is the year

I will get you the firing order for a 2006 stand by

Paul

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
its a 6

I just looked for the information in Mitchel and all they show is the firing order which is 1-2-3-4-5-6

you need the order on the coil pack

I will check to see if another expert can get the information for you

Paul

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
ok
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 3 years ago.

Hello, I'm Chris.
I will do my best to answer your question fast and accurate using the info you have provided. Thanks for visiting Just Answer.

Different tech here, The firing order on a 3.5L impala 2006 model is 1-2-3-4-5-6.

Engine cylinder location is:

Firewall

1-------3--------5

2-------4--------6

Front of the vehicle

Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience: 16 years of experience
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
ty for all your help. i hope this works
Your welcome

I know you already excepted

but I was searching for some wire routing info for you and I found something

I found this for Malibu but it's the same engine as impala...

just incase it might further help

click here to view the wire routing information

Paul