Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech
19513769

I need a wiring diagram for a 1994 chevy s10 pickup 4.

Customer Question

i need a wiring diagram for a 1994 chevy s10 pickup 4.3 liter 4x4 TBI
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 3 years ago.
which part of the wiring do you need? fuel injecotrs?sensors?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
MY GAUGES DONT WORK..I UNPLUGED THE CLUSTER BOARD AND THE FUSE STILL BLOWS SO I KNOW ITS NOT THE INSTRUMENT CLUSTER BOARD... THE #4 CIRCUIT WITCH IS LABEL GAUGES, HAS A DEAD SHORT.NEED THAT WIRING DIAGRAM TO SEE WHAT ELSE IS ON CIRCUIT..
Expert:  Gary replied 3 years ago.
here is a scematic of everything that is on that fuse.its the best i have i hope it is what you are looking for

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience: 15 years GM master tech
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
THIS IS GREAT I THINK THE PROBLEM IS THE TRANSMISSION WHAT DOES THIS CIRCUIT DO? BECAUSE THE PICKUP IS NOT THE SAME...WHEN I TAKE OFF ..IT HAS BEEN WET UNDERNEATH MY TRUCK BECAUSE OF THE SNOW....WHAT DOES THIS CIRCUIT DO...AND WHERE ON THE TRANSMISSION DOES IT PLUG INTO THANKS
Expert:  Gary replied 3 years ago.
that pink and black wire to the transmission is the power for all the switches inside the transmission so it can shift ect..should be a plug passenger side torwards the back of the transmission on top just above rear corner of the transmission pan
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience: 15 years GM master tech
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i clicked accept and i was wondering do you think something is shorted out in the transmission?is that possible

Expert:  Gary replied 3 years ago.
yes unplug the connector and see if the fuse blows.if it DOES NOT blow with it unplugged there is a wiring problem under the transmission pan or one of the shift solenoids could be causing this
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience: 15 years GM master tech
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
how many shift solenoids are there? i hhave 1st ,2nd,d,and over drive...is it four solenoids? and how hard is it to change them? i do have a car lift...
Expert:  Gary replied 3 years ago.
there are 3 shift solenoids and 2 other solenoids.easy to change.if you unplug that connector and the fuse stops blowing then remove the pan and make sure no wires are pinched between the pan and the gasket then make sure none of the wires are shorted to ground.if all that looks good unplug all the solenoids and plug in the transmission and plug them in one at a time until the fuse blows.the one you plug in that blows the fuse is the problem one
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
will it effect the transmission in anyway if i leave it unpluged. and just manual shift gears as needed? it wont burn out the tranny will it?thanks,.....
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i opened it up and only seen 2 contrl solenoids and replaced both...is there another?you said there are 3?and what kind of 2 other solenoids are there in the pan ? after replacing the 2 it lasted for 2 days and it blew the fuse again.so i unpluged the tranny wire and put a new fuse in and it held all day...i havent plug it back in been shifting manual....fuse is still not blown driving around like that.....what do you think?
Expert:  Gary replied 3 years ago.
if you remove the transmission pan and inspect the wiring follow the pink/black wire.every switch and solenoid that has that color wire is power by that fuse