ZZDaryl
ZZDaryl, Chevy Technician
Experience:  28 year experience, Master Mechanic
8994801

Chevrolet S10 4x2 1996 chevy s10 4.3 5 speed....new clutch,

Customer Question

1996 chevy s10 4.3 5 speed....new clutch, throwout bearing, pilot bearing.....clutch pedal engages and disengages too close to floor, and pedal pressure not as stiff as i think it should be......when driving,it shifts okay,but sometimes gear grinds if you shift too soon after you push clutch in....have bled many times over several weeks,and no air bubbles come out from slave cylinder,just pure fluid. never any hydraulic fluid leak under truck....how do you get it to engage laterin pedal stroke,,and is there mechanical adjustment??
Category: Chevy
Expert:  ZZDaryl replied 5 years ago.
Has the flywheel been changed or refinished?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
no...i cleaned it with 80 grit sandpaper to remove the glaze....there is no slippage or chatter from uneven surface
Expert:  ZZDaryl replied 5 years ago.

There is not any mechanical adjustment that can be done, below is the bleeding procedure as well as a alternative procedure you might try(Note: if the pedal gets better when you pump it the problem is usually air in the system). If the bleeding does not help the problem is usually the flywheel is getting to thin so the pedal is lower than it should be.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i dont see an alternative procedure,and the flywheel is not like an an inch thinner than when it was manufactured...i'm looking at your credentials and it looks like you dont have any technical schooling??
Expert:  ZZDaryl replied 5 years ago.

Sorry it did not go through for some reason, see below.

BLEEDING CLUTCH SYSTEM

1. First clean and then remove reservoir cap. Top-off reservoir with NEW DOT 3 brake fluid.

2. Have an assistant depress and hold clutch pedal. Open bleed screw located on left side of

transmission to expel air. Close bleed screw and release clutch pedal.

3. Repeat step 2) until all air is out of system. Check and refill reservoir as needed during

bleeding to remove air from system. After bleeding, pump clutch pedal several times. If clutch

engagement is not satisfactory, repeat bleeding procedure.

4. If normal bleeding procedure is unsuccessful, perform the following:

Remove reservoir cap.

Pump pedal very fast for 30 seconds.

Stop to allow air to escape.

Repeat procedure as necessary.

______________________________________________________________

Please feel free to accept at any time, follow up questions can be ask as long as needed. This is a service that I am here to provide if my information has helped Click the Accept button so I can get paid for my services, Thank you ( Expert)

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i have already done these things many times,but air wont come out