Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database

2003 chevy venture: my gas gauge doesnt work..entire fuel pump

Customer Question

i have a 2003 chevy venture, my gas gauge doesn't work anymore, do i have to replace the entire fuel pump to fix it?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dan replied 5 years ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help get your problem resolved. Ask follow up questions, thanks.

This condition may be due to water leaking into the interior of the vehicle, and/or spread terminals, at connector C305 that is located on the floor to the rear of the driver's seat. Check the Fuel Level Sensor voltage backprobed at the Purple signal wire in Pin D and the ground wire at pin B. Ohm test the sending unit. The correct readings are 40 ohms empty to 250 ohms full. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.