AMEDEE
AMEDEE, CHEVY TECHNICIAN
Experience:  ASE certified tech ADVANCED LEVEL SPECIALIST. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

Chevrolet K1500 4x4 I keep having the code 35 (idle air control

I keep having the code 35 (idle air control valve) on my 94 chevy k1500 5.7 and I replaced it twice also with a new pigtail. Still reading code 35. I ran sea foam and clean it with carb cleaner. Still reading the same. When you drive, sometimes it hesitate to pick up speed and sometime it drive fine. Also the light goes of while you drive and when you made a complete stop, it come back on. Do you know what it is?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 5 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try my best to assist you and your 100% satisfaction is my goal. I have been working on these vehicles for over 10 years so I am very familiar with this system and how they work. However, keep in mind, that I need some solid concrete facts/evidence/clues from you in order to give you a good answer about your vehicle. Please realize that all my answers are based solely on the info that you provide me with....

You might just have a air or a vacuum leak causing your problem.

Check for vacuum leaks. Check for the base idle adjustment set too high, thereby holding the throttle plates open too far.

Disconnect the Idle Air Control (IAC) motor. Using a conventional test light to ground, verify that each circuit on the IAC harness connector will illuminate the light while revving the engine up and down. If OK, replace the IAC. If not, check the wiring to the Electronic Control Module (ECM). Replace the ECM.
Potential Causes:
Mis-Adjusted Base Idle
Leaking Vacuum
Defective ECM
Malfunctioning Idle Air Control (IAC)
Open Idle Air Control (IAC) Wiring
.