Hal
Hal, Chevy Master Tech
Experience:  ASE and Chevy Master , 31yr Dealership exp,

2003 chevrolet impala: dashboard light..this dash light has come

Customer Question

what is the dashboard light right of the "message center" light on a 2003 chevrolet impala? My friends are stopped in kentucky at the moment and do not have their manual with them, and this dash light has come on and they do not know what to do about it.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tom replied 3 years ago.
What does the light look like or say?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
they can't make it out. it is to the right of the "message center" light. they are stuck somewhere in northern kentucky and do not have their manual with them. I assume you have access to the map of the dashboard lights being a mechanic.
Expert:  Tom replied 3 years ago.
What is the vehicle doing now ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
They are stopped at a gas station. can they continue on their trip with the light on and what does the light mean?
Expert:  Tom replied 3 years ago.
As long as the vehicle is running correclty and it's not running rough or shifting poorly or overheating it should be ok to drive.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
this is not the question is asked. what does the light to the right of the "message center" mean? do you have a diagram of the dash lights or now?
Expert:  Tom replied 3 years ago.
This is for a 2005 same set up go to section 3-26 and scroll down . If I can't see the light that's on I can not tell you the issue. I need to be there . There are more then one light .
ClickHere
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Why is the timer set at 2 hours for a reply. My friends are sitting in a gas station in northern Kentucky trying to get to their dying brother in Tennessee. They do not have their manual with them, and called me to look online about what the light means. How many lights can there be to the right of the "message center"? they said there is only one light to the right of the message center and they cannot identify the shape. is there a diagram of the lights somewhere other than a paper car manual?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
what is section 3-26? scroll down to what? what does the light mean that is to the right of the "message center" light? for a 2003 chevy impala?
Expert:  Tom replied 3 years ago.
Click this link.Where it says Click Here in blue. That's the service manual . Scroll down to section 3 page 26. Heres the link again.
ClickHere
That will tell them what light is on it can be one of many.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
why would you send me a 2005 manual when i asked about a 2003 impala. My friends tell me that there is only one light to the right of the message center. why can't you identify it?
Expert:  Tom replied 3 years ago.
There are the same exact lights.If you can not tell me which one or look to see then I can not help you. If the vehicle is running fine they should be fine. Im opting out and putting you in for a refund. We can only do so much . There is more then one light it can be best of luck.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i'm not satisfied, i'm sorry i asked a simple question and got no answer.. Sorry for wasting your time.
Expert:  Hal replied 3 years ago.

Hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX Your complete satisfaction is my goal.

If you still need help here is a cluster from a 03 impala. There are two lamps right of the message center. The one to the top is for the ABS system. The one that looks like an engine with check written under it is the service engine soon lamp. If this is the lamp that is coming on, and the engine has no diveability concerns, they should be able to drive it , but should get it in and checked As soon as they can. It could be as simple as a loose gas cap.

graphic

Please ask your friend if the light looks like the one in the picture.