Hal, Chevy Master Tech
Experience:  ASE and Chevy Master , 31yr Dealership exp,

Chevrolet Tahoe LTZ i had my 2007 tahoe throttle body cleaned

i had my 2007 tahoe throttle body cleaned an after that it started idling high
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Hal replied 5 years ago.

Hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX Your complete satisfaction is my goal. Please provide as much information about your concern as you can

The throttle body has to be relearned. This is not something you can perform yourself.

This should be taken to the dealer, as if the relearn procedure in there scan tool doesn't work, they will have to reprogram the ECM to get it to learn the new idle air flow.

I have run into this many times, the 07 up models have the ability to compensate for the build up in the throttle body. When this is cleaned, there is no internal program to unlearn this position, so it just goes back to what it had learned, and it usually races about 1100 rpm at idle, and will come down when put into gear.

If you need more information Please ask.

Thank you