Jettadan1
Jettadan1, Chevy Technician
Experience:  Most of our fleet is chevy.
17254274

1999 Tahoe: The drivers side rear seat..release

Customer Question

The driver's side rear seat on my 1999 Tahoe will not release. When I pull the fabric belt, nothing happens. How can I repair this?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Jettadan1 replied 3 years ago.

Jettadan1 :

Hello, I am Daniel. I may ask you questions, to better answer you. Please let me know if you have any other questions before you Accept.is it stuck

Jettadan1 :

Is it stuck or pulling out with no effort.

Expert:  Jettadan1 replied 3 years ago.
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
Expert:  Jettadan1 replied 3 years ago.
Let me know if you still need help.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The belt pulls out with no effort. It comes out two or three inches.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Got the answer. In case somebody else should ask, here it is.

Take a flashlight and look down into the square recess where the two seat belt locks come up through the backseat. Besides the straps you will see two pieces of metal, one in "J" shaped and inside of the "J" you will see another piece right in the middle. Take a screw drive and press down on the one that's inside of the "J" while you are pulling up on the strap. The seats will lift out. That's it, you just will have to do that each time.

Expert:  Jettadan1 replied 3 years ago.
The assembly is one piece. So if the lever is broke you will want to visit you nearest weld shop and they can grind the piece down and weld it back, this will be alot cheaper that replcaeing the whole assembly. They will use a screw driver or other tool to release lever that hold seat down. If you want to release it your self you will have to use a screw driver or channel locks to release lever as the strap and lever was used for leverage to release the knotch.Use other seat to for reference. I sent this but it didnt go through, so I will send it again any way. You dont have to accept at all. Sorry we we playing tag.
Expert:  Jettadan1 replied 3 years ago.

Try us again some time.