Jettadan1
Jettadan1, Chevy Technician
Experience:  Most of our fleet is chevy.

1995 Chevrolet: replace heater..heater blower register..Pickup..K1500

how to locate and replace heater blower register on 1995 Chevrolet Pickup K1500
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Jettadan1 replied 3 years ago.

Jettadan1 :

Hello, I am Daniel. I may ask you questions, to better answer you. Please let me know if you have any other questions before you Accept.

Jettadan1 :

Hello you seem to be off line right now but I am going to give you the blower motor remel info which shows you right where the blowere resister is right by the blower. I know you only asked for location but maybe the rest of info will be helpful also, Let me know if you need any help with any of the steps.

Jettadan1 :

There you are.

Customer :

not seeing the link?

Jettadan1 :

click here

Jettadan1 :

here you go you caught me mid link lol.

Customer :

that could be a problem ok - just browsing through the document... one sec

Jettadan1 :

ok

Customer :

I am a bit unclear of which instrument panel compartment I am to remove in the "1991-98 C/K with AC" section - step 2??

Customer :

I do not have to replace the blower motor - just the register

Customer :

its small and difficult to locate

Jettadan1 :

intrument panel compartment is the glove box

Customer :

ok

Jettadan1 :

its show right by blower motor

Customer :

so I've done that

Jettadan1 :

do you see the blower motor?

Customer :

im sorry i meant resistor (not register) - so according to Fig. 1 its right by the motor

Jettadan1 :

yes

Jettadan1 :

they usually are in older cars

Customer :

so its not the connector that is defective - its the attachment on the blower motor

Jettadan1 :

yes

Customer :

Do I have to replace the entire blower motor to fix the resistor connection?

Jettadan1 :

have you got a new resistor yet

Customer :

yes i do

Jettadan1 :

ok does it resemble the older one. it may be slightly different

Customer :

i have the resistor... having difficulty removing and unmounting the motor.

Customer :

I am assuming that I have to remove the entire motor to replace the resistor...

Customer :

its hard to tell whether it resembles the old one... low visibility

Jettadan1 :

if you cant remove the resistor with out removeing blower motor i only see 4 nuts that have to come off.

Jettadan1 :

I would get a head lamp I couldnt work with out one.

Customer :

i see

Jettadan1 :

energizer makes a great one for 12 bucks

Customer :

so theres only 4 nuts to remove to unmount the motor

Jettadan1 :

I would use some other light until then

Jettadan1 :

thats what i see,

Jettadan1 :

dont let it burn anything though

Customer :

I think i got it

Jettadan1 :

Good deal

Customer :

Thank you for your help!

Jettadan1 :

Your very welcome

Jettadan1, Chevy Technician
Experience: Most of our fleet is chevy.