AMEDEE
AMEDEE, CHEVY TECHNICIAN
Experience:  ASE certified tech ADVANCED LEVEL SPECIALIST. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT LT code p1345 on 2002 chevy trailblazer.

code p1345 on 2002 chevy trailblazer. Cam shaft sensor has been replaced and throttle position also by an independent garage. I question if the cam shaft sensor and the crankshaft were syncronized properly. what is your opinion?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 6 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try my best to assist you and your 100% satisfaction is my goal. I have been working on these vehicles for over 10 years so I am very familiar with this system and how it works. However, keep in mind, that I need some solid concrete facts/evidence from you in order to give you a good answer about your vehicle. Please realize that all my answers are based solely on the info that you provide me with....

P1345 Variable Cam Phaser Circuit Malfunction -

Possible Causes

* Camshaft position actuator solenoid high control circuit is shorted to voltage or the solenoid stuck open failed
* Engine rebuilt incorrectly or harmonic balancer not tightened
* The PCM disables the ability to command the Variable Cam Phaser on the Scan Tool to prevent engine damage from excessive valve overlap during engine operation.

If this DTC started after recent internal engine repairs, inspect for proper engine mechanical timing. With the camshaft cover removed and the #1 cylinder at top dead center, make sure that the darkened chain links are lined up with the alignment marks on the exhaust and intake cam sprockets. At this point, J44221 should fit over the rear cam flats and the word Delphi (on the front of the Cam Phaser Actuator sprocket) should be parallel with the front edge of the cylinder head. Note: It may take up to 14 crankshaft revolutions before all timing alignment marks line up with each other. Engines built after 2/5/01 include a thin friction washer (P/N 12573950) between the dampener and the crank gear and the torque specification was increased to 110 ft-lbs plus 180 degrees to prevent crankshaft gear and alignment pin damage. If there is any history of the crank dampener bolt ever being loose, the crankshaft gear and alignment pin may be damaged, which can cause these DTCs. If P1345 is resetting without any engine performance concerns, but the SI diagnostics and the above information did not isolate a cause for the DTC, replace the Cam Phaser Actuator sprocket. With engine performance problems: Remove the cam phaser actuator, apply power and ground to the actuator and check for the internal pintle to move. If the pintle does not move, replace the actuator. If the pintle does move, replace the cam phaser actuator.

Potential Causes:
Cam Phaser Actuator
Cam Phaser Actuator Solenoid
Timing Chain

Edited by AMEDEE on 1/15/2011 at 10:05 PM EST