goodwrench9124
goodwrench9124, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Ase Master Certified, GM Master Certified Tech. Awarded GM Top performer, Hybrid certified
5720312

Chevrolet Uplander LT I have an 08 uplander. My key fob has

Customer Question

I have an 08 uplander. My key fob has the remote start button on it, and when I try to use it parking lights flash but dont start. In my menu on the dash the manual says it should say remote start enabled or not. My menu does not have anything with remote start in it.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  goodwrench9124 replied 3 years ago.

Hello and welcome, on the DIC there should a option for turning the remote start on or off, also even if the remove start is on, there can be several reasons why the remote start is not working.

1. Turn the ignition on and place the vehicle in P (Park).

To avoid excessive drain on the battery, it is recommended that the headlamps are turned off.

2. Press the menu button until PERSONAL PROGRAM displays.

If the vehicle is not in P (Park), PERSONAL PROGRAM ONLY IN PARK will display.

If the vehicle is not able to enter the personal program menu, PERSONAL PROGRAM NOT AVAILABLE will display.

3. Press the set/reset button to begin.
  4. The DIC will then display an instruction screen.

Press the menu button to display the modes that are available to program.

Press the set/reset button to change the setting of each mode.

REMOTE START

If your vehicle has remote start, this feature allows the remote start to be turned OFF or ON. The remote start feature allows you to start the engine from outside of the vehicle using the RKE transmitter. Press the menu button until REMOTE START appears on the DIC display. Press the set/reset button to scroll through the following choices:

OFF: The remote start feature will be disabled.

ON (default): The remote start feature will be enabled.

To select a setting and move on to the next feature, press the menu button while the desired setting is displayed on the DIC.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
mine go's into the dic menu fine. Just when I scroll through it does not show the remote start on or off in there. I know it has it cause the key fob has it. When i try it flashes lights but nothing happens. Like I said I cant turn it on or off cause its not showing in the display
Ok, you wouldn't happen to have a check engine light coming on?