Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.

looking for decode of vortec engine. casting number 10243880,

Customer Question

looking for decode of vortec engine. casting number 10243880, pistons 10172839, crank cast 14088526 not positive on the one at the beginning of that cast. was told it was a 383 stroker. any info much appreciated
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 5 years ago.

10243880...350...95-00...2 or 4...Vortec ,Gen.I,roller cam,one piece

1986-on14088526 305,350 castlargeone

this tells us it is a 95-00 350ci vortec engine...not a 383....if it had been built to to be a 383,it would have had a different crank

Please ACCEPT my answer so I can get credit for my work.i don't receive commission unless you do ..I'm not always going to be giving you good news,so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my does not cost you more money.we will still be able to communicate.. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated!if you are not satisfied with my answer,please do not leave bad feed back,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question.if i have sent any diagrams,please print them.they will only stay on here for an hour or so.PLEASE ASK IF YOU NEED MORE HELP