Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

How to remove SDM module on 2000 Chev S10 LS, where is the module?

Welcome to JustAnswer, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help get your problem resolved. Ask follow up questions, thanks.

Any measurable resistance between the inflater module wires can cause a slight electrical leakage and set a B1000. Disable the air bags then consult a wiring diagram. Check the wires to the front end discriminating sensors for a short to ground. Check the steering wheel inflater module circuits for a short and check the passenger's inflater module circuits for a short to ground. Disconnect the SDM and the driver's side and passenger side inflater modules. Using a Digital Volt Ohm Meter (DVOM), check for any resistance between the 2 wires to each air bag.If ANY resistance is measured, inspect the harness under the seats for contamination from water or salt. If no resistance replace SDM which is located under the center console, here is a picture.

graphic

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hello Dan: I have Automatic transmission, the shift is on the column, it is sure tight under the seat, all that I see is one cable going up into the drivers side seat, Will I have to remove the drivers side seat?
I have SIR fuse out, I don't have wiring skematic yet.
Thank You

Ok, you should be able to get at it without removing the seat......But sometimes its easier just to spend another 20 minutes removing seat so you dont need to work wrench around things. Here is a wire diagram, let me know if you have questions. Thanks.

graphic