Experience:  ASE certified tech ADVANCED LEVEL SPECIALIST. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector

unknown battery drain on my 2001 chevy blazer

Does the battery drain overnight or when the engine is running?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It drains when the car is running. It seems to idle fine, if only idling.. When I step on break or use turn signals and when I change into drive or reverse, I can see a huge negative surge on the battery volt indicator on my dash. I also replaced the battery to no avail.
Do you know what the battery votlage is at idle?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

in idle showing 14 volts

Is this the whole time the engine is running?

Did you replace the battery? Have you had it load tested?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

It holds 14 volts while in Idle. As soon as i go into gear, reverse or drive drops drastically to around 9 and car feels like its gonna shut off.

Replaced with brand new batery.

SO the battery volts goes to 9 volts when the engine is put in gear when running?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Sorry for the delay!

Are there any codes in the computer?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
the computer? i dont have a dignostic compo, im workin on it from my garage
Well, if the voltage is in fact going that low, either your alternator is not charging most likely because of a bad input. Another reason would be high resistance in the charging system circuit.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i just pulled the 50 amp fuse up in the relay box.. "INT BAT".. seemed pretty stuck in there, pulled it and cleaned the contacts. I put the 50 amp fuse back in and started her up. After the battery fully rehcarged it seemed as if the car was running good. Voltage never dropped below 13 while i was driving, but still seein pull on the batter when signals and hazards are on. Could that "INT BAT" fuse in the relay box, have been an issue?

YES! If there was high resistance in the circuit, this could definitely cause an issue with your charging system.

As long as it stays above 13.5 volts when the engine is running, you should be good to go!

I DO hope you found my Answer to be helpful regarding your vehicles condition. IF SO-please hit **ACCEPT** as you read this Answer, in order that I may receive credit for my time, thanks. BONUSES & Positive Feedback Most appreciated!

Please Note: I receive ZERO Credit until & unless you choose to ACCEPT my well thought-out Answer.