Chevy expert
Chevy expert, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  30 yrs experience ase cetified tech shop owner
22989858

2000 chevy: gage cluster goes crazy when the truck hit a bump.

I have a 2000 chev silverado. The gage cluster goes crazy when the truck hit a bump. I replaced the gage cluster and its still doing it, just not as bad??????

Welcome to just answer.com. I'm here to help you and your 100% satisfaction is my goal.

Very often this can be caused by a faulty ignition switch Monitor the voltage at the fuse "IGNITION 0" for charging system voltage. If the voltage drops below charging system voltage, check the Maxi fuses under the hood.If the small fuse is low voltage and the Maxi fuse is OK voltage, replace the ignition switch

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I have checked the voltage and both fuses read 14+ volts. I have checked all the connector under the dash. neither gage cluster works properly I only get readings occasionally, usually asfter a bump in the road. I did see a change in the gages while I was pulling my tractor/trailer.

I will gladly paid again if you think you have an answer.

Tomb

Behind the instrument cluster run a new ground wire terminal a8 using black and white wire, and double checked all the fuses at the top of this illustration and be sure none are blown, have bad connections or are missinggraphic