Neal
Neal, Chevy Mechanic
Experience:  Shop Owner and Mechanic on multiple makes.
17294534

2010 CHEVY IMPALA: ENGINE POWER..(SERVICE TRACTION CONTROL..INDICATORS

I AM GETTING THE FOLLOWING 3 MESSAGES ON THE INFORMATION PANEL OF MY 2010 CHEVY IMPALA. THE FOLLOWING 3 MESSAGES REPEAT IN SEQUENCE: (ENGINE POWER IS REDUCED), (SERVICE TRACTION CONTROL) AND
(SERVICE STABILITRAK).
ENGINE POWER IS NOTICABLY REDUCED AND TRACTION & STABILITY DO NOT FUNCTION. THE CORRESPONDING ORANGE PROBLEM INDICATORS ARE LIT. THIS IS A RANDOM PROBLEM THAT USUALLY CORRECTS ITSELF BY TURNING OFF THE ENGINE AND WAITING 15 MINUTES AND RE-STARTING. IF IT IS DAMP OR RAINING, THE PROBLEM WILL NOT GO AWAY.
Check and see if your state has a lemon law and start the procedure for retuning the car to them at no cost to you. They will either fix it (the manufacturer will get their engineers to resolve it) or they will take it back. By starting the lemon law process it will give them the kick in the pants they need to solve the issue. If you don't they will drag it out until it's out of warranty and then you will pay through the nose.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi Neal,

Thank you for the information. I will arrange to bring the car back to the dealer again this Monday. I am afraid that you are right in your assessment of my car's problem and the action I may have to take.

I assume that you understand the nature of this problem as I described it and do not have any information available to shed any light on it's cause. As an "Old car collector and restorer, I have a 63 Chevy Impala SS which I have maintained and restored mechanically, it is frustrating to not understand the technology of the late models.

Question: Have you heard of this or related problems with the new Impala's?

Thankyou,
Don Rohweder

I have not heard of an issue like yours. I imagine it will end up being the control system for the stabilitrack. It is unacceptable that they gave it back to you like that. When you take it In I would ask for a loaner and I would also contact the corporate GM office and see if they will get involved to move things along.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi Neal,
Thank you for the info.
Don Rohweder
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

You're welcome, good luck.