GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 11 years experience.
10949255

Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LT 2007 chevy suburban; service stabilitrak,

2007 chevy suburban; service stabilitrak, stabilitrak off lights flashing; engine light on dash flashing; motor seems to have a bad skip; lose of power during acceleration; very hard shift between 1st and 2nd; and now this morning, oil pressure guage went to 0; stopped the truck; checked the oil, plenty of oil; cranked it back up, good oil pressure for half a minute then starts easing back to 0. 90k miles
Category: Chevy
Expert:  GM Tech (Cam) replied 3 years ago.

GM Tech (Cam) :

Welcome

GM Tech (Cam) :

We are in a live chat window now.

GM Tech (Cam) :

This sounds like your lifters or something with the active fuel management is bad. That is why the check engine light will be flashing.

GM Tech (Cam) :

What is your VIN so I can see if you are still under warranty.

Customer :

It's not, I'm the second owner and has over 90k miles

GM Tech (Cam) :

but there is powertrain warranty that is good till 100000 and it does not matter who owns it. I can tell you for sure with the VIN.

Customer :

3gnfc16057g100025

GM Tech (Cam) :

You have warranty on the powertrain, engine included till 10000 miles and Feb 17, 2011, and you have an open recall.

GM Tech (Cam) :

This means your dealer should fix this under the powertrain warranty.

Customer :

you say lifters? would this cuse all the other stabilitrak issues and the shifting hard issue

GM Tech (Cam) :

It is possible yes.

GM Tech (Cam) :

The stability system uses the engine first.

GM Tech (Cam) :

to cut the power. Any engine problem will cause the stability to be disabled.

GM Tech (Cam) :

Also are your door handles inside peeling and making sharp edges ?

Customer :

is the stabilitrak considered to be covered under power train

Customer :

no, no handle issues on the inside; just the issues on the description

GM Tech (Cam) :

that I cannot tell from here, but if I may be honest, start with that engine issue because I believe there is a good chance it is the root cause and that it will be covered.

Customer :

i know about the recall on the windshield washer heater

GM Tech (Cam) :

I asked about the handles because there is a special policy to replace then if ANY are peeling, and that is good for 100000 miles and 10 years.

GM Tech (Cam) :

I recommend you get the windshield washer done. They do start fires.

Customer :

the outside handles are peeling and one is broke slap off

Customer :

year I heard they do; if a bullitin is issued on something; what does that mean

GM Tech (Cam) :

This policy only covers the inside ones and since you are close by mileage, I thought I would bring it up .

GM Tech (Cam) :

It is a recall where they disable it, and gove you some money back.

Customer :

ok Thanks for the heads up; I'll double check

Customer :

i'm about 35 miles from the dealer so I'll have to trailer it or have it towed

GM Tech (Cam) :

Is there more I can get for you today/

GM Tech (Cam) :

today I mean

Customer :

can't risk the oil pressure thing

GM Tech (Cam) :

Call roadside, see if they will tow it.

Customer :

ok; you got that number

GM Tech (Cam) :

18004628782.

Customer :

do you have roadside assistance phone number?

Customer :

my bad thanks

GM Tech (Cam) :

Is there more I can get for you today

Customer :

have a good one

Customer :

no that's it

GM Tech (Cam) :

Please reply back if you need additional help or press ACCEPT so that the question may be closed out. You can reopen it at any time by replying to it and I will answer ASAP. PLease keep in mind that as experts on this site, we are only compensated for our time spent helping customers once ACCEPT is selected. Thanks again for using Just Answer. Cam.

GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience: GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 11 years experience.