Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Chevrolet Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification

Chevrolet Equinox LTZ 2010 6 cylinder Chevy Equinox. I have

2010 6 cylinder Chevy Equinox. I have a whining noise in the rear that is almost constant now. No matter what speed I'm going, when I take my foot off the accelerator the noise disappears. I took it in this month for the first oil change (9000 miles) the repair folks had no idea what the problem was. All 3 of them drove and listened.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you with your Chevy problem.

Is your Equinox all wheel drive or Front wheel drive?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Vehicle if front wheel drive
The noise you are experiencing will be in the driveline if it disappears when you let off the gas. Since you do not have all wheel drive, the noise is most likely emanating from the transmission. This will be covered under your warranty, you will just need to take the vehicle in to your dealer for repairs.