Jettadan1, Chevy Technician
Experience:  Most of our fleet is chevy.

1989 chevy s10 Blazer: error codes..intermittent miss..driving down

My 1989 Chev S10 Blazer shows error codes 42 and 43. This seems to be related to an intermittent miss-fire problem. Just driving down the road, it will quit firing for a second, then pick back up again. At low speeds it sometimes dies completely, but always restarts right away. After an episode of this happening intermittently for a day or two, it will run normally for several days or even several weeks.

I have tried changing the ignition module in the distributor, distributor cap, ignition coil, fuel filter. Also the fuel pump was replaced recently.

Could the replacement ignition module be bad? What other things could cause this problem?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Jettadan1 replied 5 years ago.
My Answer is based on clues, symptoms and info in your question. When diagnosing you vehicle you are my eye's ear's and hands. I am Daniel. Have you replaced knock sensor?

Its going to be in your circutry to ignition control module or knock sensor. Knock on block next to knock sensor to see if you show a code for knock sensor while running. Please let me know if youhave any other questions at all.

Merry Christmas

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Where is the knock sensor located?
Expert:  Jettadan1 replied 5 years ago.
LH Rear Side Of Engine drivers side.