Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

350 turbo transmission with brand new torque converter

i have a freshley built 350 turbo transmission with brand new torque converter.but when i but it in gear it starts squealing bad ,but it pulls through every gear fine

hi

will it do this sitting still?does it do this at all speeds?is the noise a sort of a whine?tell me all you can

thanks

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
does it while setting still and while i drive it
will it do it in park?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

no just in reverse and all forward gears

ok

this is a bad converter....even though it is new,it is bad..the reason it don't do it in park and neutral is because there is no strain on the converter at this time

thanks

Please ACCEPT my answer so I can get credit for my work.i don't receive commission unless you do ..I'm not always going to be giving you good news,so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer.it does not cost you more money.we will still be able to communicate.. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated!if you are not satisfied with my answer,please do not leave bad feed back,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question.if i have sent any diagrams,please print them.they will only stay on here for an hour or so.PLEASE ASK IF YOU NEED MORE HELP