David H
David H, GM master certified
Experience:  Cadillac Technician 18 years cadillac dealer.ase master certified.gm master certified

how do i reprogram the 4x4 module in a 2002 trail blazer

Customer Question

Category: Chevy
Expert:  David H replied 3 years ago.

hello and welcome to just answer.To reprogram the 4x4 module requires a TECH2 scanner and access to SPS on gm dealerworld.Here is the reprogram procedure.

Transfer Case Shift Control Module Reprogramming

Set-up for Module Programming/Reprogramming

Important: Ensure that the vehicle battery is fully charged and that a battery charger is no longer connected. If performing this procedure for module replacement, install new module before proceeding. Before reprogramming close the doors and wait two minutes to allow other modules to stop communicating via the class 2 data line. Failure to due so could result in a failed reprogramming procedure.

Turn OFF all accessories.
Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.

When replacing an electronic control unit (ECU) the Scan Tool Pass-Through Connection procedure may be required to be performed in order to initiate communication with the ECU.

Programming Using Scan Tool Pass-Through Connection

1. Connect the scan tool to vehicle and power it up.
  2. Connect the computer station to the scan tool.
  3. Select "PC Using Scan Tool Connection" from the programming menu on the computer station.
  4. Follow the menu select items for reprogramming and provide information as to what type of device you are programming and whether you are reprogramming or replacing the electronic control unit (ECU).
  5. Select "vehicle" from the selection menu.
  6. Select the module you wish to program.
  7. Select "Normal" for Programming Type.
  8. Select the applicable software calibrations.
  9. Transfer data file to the scan tool.

Remote Programming Feature

1. Connect the scan tool to the vehicle.
  2. Power-up the scan tool and select the Service Programming feature.
  3. Select the appropriate vehicle.
  4. Press the Request Info button on the scan tool.
  5. Disconnect the scan tool from the vehicle and connect the scan tool to the computer station.
  6. Follow the menu select items for reprogramming and provide information as to what type of device you are programming and whether you are reprogramming or replacing the electronic control unit (ECU).
  7. Select "vehicle" from the selection menu.
  8. Select the module you wish to Program.
  9. Select "Normal" for Programming Type.
  10. Select the applicable software calibrations.
  11. Transfer data file to the scan tool.
  12. Reconnect the scan tool to the vehicle.
  13. Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
  14. Select the Service Programming feature on the scan tool.
  15. Press the Program button on the scan tool.