GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.

Chevrolet Silverado 1500 HD HOW DO I BLEED THE BRAKES ON MY

Welcome. Did you replace the master cylinder, abs or get air in either of those parts?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
my mechanic replaced the brakes, rotors and calipers at his house but said he was in a rush he tried to bleed the brakes but to bring it in to his shop on monday, i dont want to wait till monday because the brakes are very soft and i would like to drive it today
Ok, if no air was let in at the master cylinder or in the abs, then wyou can even gravity bleed them. Keep the master cylinder full and open the left rear and let it drain into a container, till it is clear with no bubbles, then close, then do the right rear, then right front, then left front and keep the master cylinder full.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ill go get some brake fluid but sorry i am stupid how do i open the brake fluid line at each wheel
There is a port under a rubber cap, take the cap off, use a wrench,, you need only turn it half turn or one turn only. D not get brake fluid on the paint of the vehicle and make sure the master cylinder stays full. If you do get it on paint, wash with lots of water.