GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 11 years experience.

For GMTECH(Cam) I am going to install a newrockies full bypass in my 1999 Chevy K1500 Sub

For GMTECH(Cam): I am going to install a newrockies full bypass in my 1999 Chevy K1500 Suburan. Where do i find the TDM, or what ever module i need to interface to the fuel enable or circuit 229. Where is it located and which pins and colorcode for the wires do i need to deal with?

Thank you,

Dave XXX@XXXXXX.XXX
Category: Chevy
Expert:  GM Tech (Cam) replied 3 years ago.

Welcome, and thanks for using Just Answer. I am Cam, and I will do my best to assist you. When you are finished please click on accept only if you are satisfied. I don't get paid unless you do.Please do not accept if you cannot leave positive feedback. I don't know if you are a tech or a just working on your own vehicle so we may have to fine tune the answer. I only know as much about your problem as you have told me in your post, so my answers will be based on what you tell me so please add all the details you can. About your vehicle, your vehicle does not have a circuit 229 so the DIY module that you bought will not work. YOu need to purchase the Pro Module to work with your system. The DIY is specific to the VATS system and the enable on those is only the 229.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

So ther is no fuel enable nor any way of defeating the Passlock at the VCM or BCM?

If the Pro module works like most of the other passlock bypass units it sends a simulated good signal to the EVO/Passlock module and it transmits the serial data to the VCM/BCM modules. This is not a sure way of defeating the security system.

I really didn't get the answer i was looking for but you did answer my question.

Did oyu purchase the Pro Module or the DIY module?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The DIY module.
Ok, you will need to by the pro module.
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience: GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 11 years experience.