GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.

2002 chevy: I have a massive oil leak that..oil pan..5.3 liter

Customer Question

I have a massive oil leak that appears to be coming from the oil pan on my 2002 chevy silverado 5.3 liter. It is splashed all over the bottom of the engine front to back. I had the intake gasket changed 6 months ago, and just recently now have oil leak. I also have a low idle when it is cold started in the morning, when it warms up it is fine. I have had the tranny rebuilt at 37,000 miles, intake gaskets changed at 120,000 along with the knock sensors done at the same time. I also just had a new cat installed at 131,000 miles. it currently has 134,000 miles.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  cartech replied 5 years ago.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX kind of information can i help you with. I'm un-clear what you need from your statement.