GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.

2008 2500 hd silverado with a the 6th oil change

I have a 2008 2500HD silverado with a duramax just changed oil and filter tried to reset to oil life from 0% to 100%.This is the 6th oil change with-out problem,now it will not reset to 100%,is there something I'm missing?

Welcome, and thanks for using Just Answer. I am Cam, and I will do my best to assist you. When you are finished please click on accept only if you are satisfied. I don't get paid unless you do.Please do not accept if you cannot leave positive feedback. I don't know if you are a tech or a just working on your own vehicle so we may have to fine tune the answer. I only know as much about your problem as you have told me in your post, so my answers will be based on what you tell me so please add all the details you can. About your vehicle,

Did you try again after a drive cycle or sitting off for some time?

Sometimes these can be a pain to reset. In the shop we use the scan tool to reset it if this happens.

Does yours have the DIC buttons?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
thanks for responding; I did not take a short drive and yes I tried after sitting off,yes it has dic buttons for info center

OK, and to confirm you ahve it saying OIL LIFE, and you are holding the check button until it showss 100%?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
the manual says hold in trip reset for at least 5 seconds not the check button

hold the check button until it shows the reset is done.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I'll try that be back shortly

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for the help it did reset!! The owners manual is writen wrong(my opinion)??? prehapps you should revise it.

THey don't listen to the techs.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
maybe they should thks again won't forget the check