GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Truck wont..It revs like it..sounds normal..ran perfectly

My Truck won't turn over. It revs like it's going to and sounds normal otherwise, but it won't catch and start-up. It ran perfectly yesterday. What should I check?

Welcome, and thanks for using Just Answer. I am Cam, and I will do my best to assist you. When you are finished please click on accept only if you are satisfied. I don't get paid unless you do.Please do not accept if you cannot leave positive feedback. I don't know if you are a tech or a just working on your own vehicle so we may have to fine tune the answer. I only know as much about your problem as you have told me in your post, so my answers will be based on what you tell me so please add all the details you can. About your vehicle, first thing to check is the fuel pressure. Spec is 55-62 psi. See if that is low. Also try putting some carb cleaner or fuel into the throttle body and see if the engine tries to start.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I'm not a tech and am working on my own vehicle. I can generally identify different parts of the engine but do not consider myself very knowledgeable about them. I don't know how to check the fuel pressure for instance or how to put anything directly into the throttle body. I really don't have the money to take it to a shop right now so i wanted to see if there was anything very entry-level that I could do. See if it was something simple.

OK, lets see what we can do. Take the air filter off and spray some carb cleaner in there, a 2 second shot should be enough. See if the engine fires.

As for the fuel pressure, on the drivers side there is a small black cap where the fuel line goes into the fuel rail in front of the intake manifold. THat is where you attach the fuel pressure gauge.