how to remove engine
Country: United StatesMake: ChevroletModel: astro vanYear: 2000Engine: 4.3
Hi, the engine is designed to be removed out the bottom of the van. The engine will come out attached to the lower sub frame, it also easier to remove the torque converter bolts before lowering the engine and transmission out as they will come out as a unit.
i already new that what all do i have tate loose and what order
Ok I will up load the procedures and send them to you shortly.
Here are the procedures for removal.
1. Disconnect the negative battery cable, and remove it from the fender mounting bracket.
2. Remove the engine cover
3. Remove the air cleaner assembly
4. Remove the following: upper fan shroud, fan clutch, lower fan shroud, both radiator
hoses, oil cooler and transmission lines.
5. Disconnect their condition lines at both ends.
6. Remove the radiator and condenser
7. Disconnect the throttle and cruise control cables for the throttle body.
8. Remove the power steering reservoir, remove the lines from the hydro boost, remove
the master cylinder and set aside.
9. Disconnect the steering shaft from the gear box.
10. Disconnect the heater hoses from the engine and vacuum lines to the engine.
11. Disconnect the fuse box and wiring harness from the bulk head connector, and
the harness to the VCM, disconnect all wiring that connects the wiring harness to
12. Remove the oil cooler lines from the oil filer adapter.
13. remove the drive shaft
14. Remove the starter, torque converter bolts and the shift cable from the transmission
15. Remove the exhaust system from under the vech.
16. Remove the parking brake cable mounting bracket from the frame, remove the rear
brake line form the modulator valve.
17. Remove the front bumper, remove the air bag sensor, remove the fenderwell
18. Disconnect the fuel pipes and fuel pump electrical connector and all electrical
connectors from the frame.
19. remove the body mount bolts and lower the engine and cradle assembly.
I specialize in driveability and electrical diagnostics. Over 8 Years experince with Genneral Motors.
its a rip off i am not lpease but put it to some one ealse