wmstalk
wmstalk, ASE Master Technician
Experience:  I specialize in driveability and electrical diagnostics. Over 8 Years experince with Genneral Motors.
29247937

Chevrolet astro van how to remove engine

how to remove engine
Category: Chevy
Expert:  wmstalk replied 3 years ago.
Hi, the engine is designed to be removed out the bottom of the van. The engine will come out attached to the lower sub frame, it also easier to remove the torque converter bolts before lowering the engine and transmission out as they will come out as a unit.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i already new that what all do i have tate loose and what order
Expert:  wmstalk replied 3 years ago.
Ok I will up load the procedures and send them to you shortly.
Expert:  wmstalk replied 3 years ago.

Here are the procedures for removal.

1. Disconnect the negative battery cable, and remove it from the fender mounting bracket.

2. Remove the engine cover

3. Remove the air cleaner assembly

4. Remove the following: upper fan shroud, fan clutch, lower fan shroud, both radiator

hoses, oil cooler and transmission lines.

5. Disconnect their condition lines at both ends.

6. Remove the radiator and condenser

7. Disconnect the throttle and cruise control cables for the throttle body.

8. Remove the power steering reservoir, remove the lines from the hydro boost, remove

the master cylinder and set aside.

9. Disconnect the steering shaft from the gear box.

10. Disconnect the heater hoses from the engine and vacuum lines to the engine.

11. Disconnect the fuse box and wiring harness from the bulk head connector, and

the harness to the VCM, disconnect all wiring that connects the wiring harness to

the body.

12. Remove the oil cooler lines from the oil filer adapter.

13. remove the drive shaft

14. Remove the starter, torque converter bolts and the shift cable from the transmission

15. Remove the exhaust system from under the vech.

16. Remove the parking brake cable mounting bracket from the frame, remove the rear

brake line form the modulator valve.

17. Remove the front bumper, remove the air bag sensor, remove the fenderwell

extensions.

18. Disconnect the fuel pipes and fuel pump electrical connector and all electrical

connectors from the frame.

19. remove the body mount bolts and lower the engine and cradle assembly.

wmstalk, ASE Master Technician
Experience: I specialize in driveability and electrical diagnostics. Over 8 Years experince with Genneral Motors.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
its a rip off i am not lpease but put it to some one ealse