Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.

1981 Malibu: front end..motor mounts, and the bolt holes..v6 engine

I bought a 1954 GMC with a 1981 Malibu front end clip, which I am building as a custom truck with a 327 Chev engine and 700R4 transmission.

Recently, I set the engine in, using Small Block Chev motor mounts, and the bolt holes in the Malibu clip do not line up. Is this because the Malibu clip had a v6 engine and it is narrower?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 5 years ago.

i would think the clip did have a v6..because ,allot of these came out with the 4.4 and 5.0 liter need to buy frame mounts for the 81 malibu with the v8 engine..then it should work just fine

Please ACCEPT my answer so I can get credit for my work.i don't receive commission unless you do ..I'm not always going to be giving you good news,so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my does not cost you more money.we will still be able to communicate.. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated!if you are not satisfied with my answer,please do not leave bad feed back,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question.if i have sent any diagrams,please print them.they will only stay on here for an hour or so.PLEASE ASK IF YOU NEED MORE HELP