Hal, Chevy Master Tech
Experience:  ASE and Chevy Master , 31yr Dealership exp,

1985 chevy: swapping..dosent..the power steering pump brackets

I am swapping engines in a 1985 chevy c20 truck 350 engine. I am putting in the same engine from a diffrent truck. The old motor had A/C, The new motor dosent, and now the power steering pump brackets from the old motor wont fit. What are my options?

Hello and thank you for your post. I am a master certified GM tech and can help you to resolve your are going to have to swap the brackets from the old engine onto the new one.

Look for witness marks so you can tell which bracket was on top of which bracket.

Then you should eventually be able to figure out which ones go where.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

There are three brackets. One bolts to the block and one bolts to the exhaust manifold. the other is like cradle for the old A/C. Will it work with out the A/C or is there a after market pump bracket I should get to simplify things? Is there some where I could get pictures of the original setup?

its just too old to find pictures. Sorry.
I usually take pictures of the old set up before I take it apart so I know how it goes back together....If you are looking to delete the a/c, can't you just use the new engines setup to fit the p/s pump?
It sounds like you can figure this out since you know where the brackets go so I would just stick with it and eventually you will figure it out.
Sorry I cant be of more help.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Just what I was looking for nice find. So where do I get p/n 14082318 rear support bracket? Dealership? All the part stores say they they dont sell mounting brackets?

I doubt that this bracket is available from GM any longer. I would check with salvage yards to see if they have any 85 vehicles back with a Chevy 350 , or 305 engine in them.

This set up was pretty common from the late 70s to the mid 80s when they switched over to serpentine belt set up.

After market companies may still offer a chrome bracket set up. I would look at JEGs catalog, or PAW.

GM s surplus, vintage part, can be accessed through . This is where GM sends all it outdated parts.

I just did a search in google for the part #14082318 and found a company called comp nine. ( they listed the part and also offer a better diagram of the brackets $14.92 is what they list the part for.

I hope this helps, let me know if you need more information.

Thank you

Hal, Chevy Master Tech
Experience: ASE and Chevy Master , 31yr Dealership exp,