Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

1998 Chevy S10: 2.2L..EGR valve..repair manual..top of throttle body

1998 Chevy S10 2.2L SFI engine - Can't find EGR valve. Picture in repair manual shows small EGR on top of throttle body for SFI. The part they gave me is a large EGR valve for MFI. Where is it located and are they different EGR valves?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dan replied 6 years ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help get your problem resolved. Ask follow up questions, thanks.

Here is a picture of the EGR......If you do not see it then you probably dont have one.........what is the problem your having?

graphic

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
My engine does not have this part. Took it to Advance Auto Parts and read my Check Engine code as EGR Valve. I did not get the code from him, only told me it was my EGR. Rough idle. I have changed the sparkplugs and wires and check engine light turned off. Then later turned back on and rough idle. I just realized that I gapped the plugs at .060 per repair manual and sticker on fan shroud tells me .040. Manual says 96 on -.060. Cleaned Air Intake body, Airflow sensor. Could my plugs gap affect the check engine light?
Expert:  Dan replied 6 years ago.
Yes the gap of the plugs is most likely the issue.....Most plugs come pregapped also.....Regap the plugs and let me know if that works. The computer might have picked up the slight misfire from the plugs as the egr valve being stuck open. Let me know, thanks.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks. I will try this. Would I be able to get back with you if I continue to have problems on this issue after I regap plugs?
Expert:  Dan replied 6 years ago.
Yes, let me know how it turn out. Thanks.