JHoop
JHoop, Chevy Technician
Experience:  14 Year Engine Builder,16 years as a Tech HvyLine, Suspension, Electrical, Brakes, 6 Year Shop Owner
4700517

2002 chevy s10: starter relay..12 volt..ignition switch..color codes

2002 chevy s10 2.2 auto. starter relay is not receiving 12 volt signal from ignition switch. need circuit diagram, color codes
Category: Chevy
Expert:  JHoop replied 6 years ago.
Hello , my name isXXXXX you for choosing justanswer.com.

Manual transmission?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No, automatic. problem has been intermittent. Had an alarm starter interlock wired in, I removed. It would not crank, released parking brake and then it started. I reached under the dash next time it would not crank and wiggled the harnesses, It cranked once and now will not crank. Is the start (crank ) circuit yellow all the way out to the engine compatment?
Expert:  JHoop replied 6 years ago.
Have you checked the connector to the ignition switch to see if the 7mm bolt is tight?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No, too be honest I didnt see it, I'm most familiar with Ford, can you give me detaail on the switch location?
Expert:  JHoop replied 6 years ago.
Does it have an aftermarket alarm?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes, that was in original post. Has a Karr alarm, I have already removed the starter interlock and restored the wiring. Where is the igniton switch? The alarm is wired in at what I thought was a junction block, it does have a 7mm bolt, is this the igniton switch? Can you give me info to remove it/test it?
Expert:  JHoop replied 6 years ago.
I uploaded the diagrams in .pdf format here to justanswer. You can download it by clicking HERE. I hope this helps you.

If you need more help, please ask. If this answer helped you, please click ACCEPT.

If you have a deposit but did not click ACCEPT you will STILL be charged if you do not request a refund by e-mailing [email protected] answer.com . Not clicking ACCEPT hurts the Techs that help you!

Please leave positive feedback. As you can see I have excellent ratings in all my categories. Please remember I am not at the vehicle, Please don't leave a negative report. Thanks again, JHoop
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I'm sure this will help, how about removal procedure for the ignition switch? Can you help me with that?
Expert:  JHoop replied 6 years ago.
Sure. The lower cover for the column has a few screws and they are 15 or 20 torx.

Remember when taking out the alarm to reconnect the started command wires.

I uploaded the procedure in .pdf format here to justanswer. You can download it by clicking HERE. I hope this helps you.

If you have a deposit but did not click ACCEPT you will STILL be charged if you do not request a refund by e-mailing [email protected] answer.com . Not clicking ACCEPT does not help the Techs that help you!

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX at schematic, I have power in the crank position at c211, I assum ign switch is ok, I suspect the yellow wire or the light grey wire is broken somewhere after c211. I'll accept your answer for the information. Thanks.
Expert:  JHoop replied 6 years ago.
I will keep your question open. You can get back to me anytime answering any e-mail sent to you related to this question or by logging into your JA account. Thanks again, JHoop