Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Chevrolet Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification

I have 95 Chevy Blazer, it hesitates when I give it gas to

I have 95 Chevy Blazer, it hesitates when I give it gas to go than jumps . I've had tune up and oil change. Whatelse might I check ?

Hello and welcome to justanswer.

Does the engine seem to miss and pulsate, or just have a lack of power? Is the check engine light on while driving?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
It jerks when I give it gas and it takes time for it to accelerate.
When the tuneup was done, did they replace spark plug wires, distributor cap, and rotor?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I assumed this was done I paid for a full tune up. What r u saying?

Some places only replace the plugs when doing a tuneup and charge extra for these other items. I just wanted to know what all was done, so I can help you better. I will just assume all of these parts have been replaced.

There are some other possibilities for the symptoms you have described. You could have a bad ignition coil, a weak fuel pump, or a restricted catalytic converter. The fuel pressure should be tested with a gauge connected to the engine. With the key on, engine off you should have 55-62 psi. If the fuel pressure is lower than specified, replace the fuel pump.

A muffler shop can test backpressure on the exhaust system to determine if the catalytic converter is restricted.

If the fuel pump and converter check out okay, this would most likely then mean that the ignition coil is bad.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks and is the 30 days free service still available. However, I think ur service will be needed beyond 30 days.
You are welcome. If you have questions about your subscription, click on the Help link at the bottom of the page.