Shannon Martin
Shannon Martin, ASE Certified Master Technician
Experience:  over 20 years as a line technician both asian and domestic.
48411850

My truck bogs down and almost dies when I step on the gas.

My truck bogs down and almost dies when I step on the gas. It idles great at a stop. Its a carburated 350. The timing checks out at 8 degrees before TDC, replaced plugs, wires, cap, rotor, fuel filter. In the past couple years the truck has run great as is after replacing the fuel pump, had an old rust gas tank that was replaced with a new HDPE tank. I did NOT replace all the fuel lines. Could this be junk in the lines fouling the pump again or the carb mix be wrong or something else?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Shannon Martin replied 3 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Shannon Martin :

hi i am shannon i will help on this issue

Shannon Martin :

after it boges down dose it pick up?

Shannon Martin :

does it boges down at the hit of the throttle?

Shannon Martin :

or doseit take a copple of secounts before it boggs

Shannon Martin :

i see you are not on line now so i will switch to Q&A just answer question in the box at the bottom .i will answert

What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
just use the box at the bottom to answer my questions thanks Shannon
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Just had it idling in the driveway.

If I hit the gas hard it dies immediatly.

If I feather the gas pedal up slowly it bogs right away then recovers.

ok then it is probely the accelerator pump in the carbuator. the EZ way to check it is to get a flash light a look down the primary side of the carbuator. just under the choke . with the choke open look just below the top butterfly and open the throttle you should see two streams of gas being pump in as the throttle opens. if it do not the accelator pump inside the carbuator is bad . you will have to rebuild the carbuator to fix it .i hope this answer your question if so press the ACCEPT button you can still ask question on this issue after and i will thank you now. Shannon
Experience: over 20 years as a line technician both asian and domestic.