Bill
Bill, Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Certified Master Technician
50714430

2002 chevy tahoe: driver..power seat..front & back & up in down motion

2002 chevy tahoe driver power seat problem with front & back & up in down motion not working

Welcome to Just Answer.com. I'm here to help you and your 100% satisfaction is my goal. Please Accept if you are satisfied.

Is your vehicle equipped with heated or memory seats?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Its equipped with both...heated & 2 posotion memory switch on the door panel

Ok,

This is a bit difficult to test without a proper scan tool however I can tell you that if you check power and ground to the module (and the fuses of course) You are very likely looking at a memory seat module. The switch is an input to the module which in turn controls the seat motors. The seat must be disassembled to get to the module for replacement. It is located above the seat motors and below the seat cushion.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
You mean, if I check the power wire that I believe is orange and there is power to the module the issue should be the module needs replacement?

Yes... very likely. I would want to confirm scan data and communications with the module but it is the likely failure.

Bill