goodwrench9124, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Ase Master Certified, GM Master Certified Tech. Awarded GM Top performer, Hybrid certified

I have a 2001 chevy suburban and have to replace the evap purge

I have a 2001 chevy suburban and have to replace the evap purge valve. the notice says the it has to be relocated to the outside of the fram reuse the original fram holes. Where is to be relocated searched everywhere on the frame?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  goodwrench9124 replied 6 years ago.
Hello and welcome. are you sure you are replacing the purge valve? the purge valve is mounted on the top of the engine. maybe it is the vent sol. you are replacing?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Yes, it is the EVAP Vent Valve Solenoid Assembly. Is mounted on the frame just above the rear axle and in front of the rear part of the gas tank.

ok, is this a GM vent sol. you are installing? or a aftermarket part?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

AC Delco part

ok, there are two different bulletins for vent sol. one is for the truck models, which you do move the vent sol. to another location. on the suburban, they mount in the same location, with a new designed braket. here is the info that applies to your vehicle.

Models:2000-2003 Cadillac Escalade
2002-2003 Cadillac Escalade EXT
2003 Cadillac Escalade ESV
2000-2003 Chevrolet Suburban, Tahoe
2002-2003 Chevrolet Avalanche
2000- 2003 GMC Yukon, Yukon XL
with 4.8L, 5.3L, 6.0L, 8.1L VortecTM V8 Engine (VINs V, P, T, Z, N, U, G -- RPOs LR4, LM4, LM7, L59, LQ9, LQ4, L18)

Some customers whose vehicles are operated in dusty type environments, such as farming or mining off-road type applications, may comment about the illumination of the instrument panel SES light, with a DTC of P0446 (Restricted/Blocked EVAP Vent Path) being set.

Dirt and dust intrusion into the EVAP canister vent solenoid, resulting in restricted air flow, may cause this condition.

After following the Service Manual diagnostic P0446 and determining that the EVAP canister vent valve is the cause of the SES light, replace the existing EVAP canister vent solenoid and bracket. This new vent solenoid has an enhanced filtering capability and a filter element that can be easily removed and cleaned. To ensure correct installation, follow the procedure below.

1. Raise and suitably support the vehicle. Refer to Lifting and Jacking the Vehicle in General Information.
  2. Remove the bolt retaining the vent valve bracket.
  3. Disconnect the electrical connector.
  4. Disconnect the canister vent valve hose.
  5. Install the new vent valve bracket, P/N 15105605, to the vehicle with the retaining bolt.

Tighten the bracket mounting bolt to 12 N·m (106 lb in).

6. Install the new vent valve, P/N 10382105, to the bracket.
  7. Reinstall the electrical connector.
  8. Reinstall the canister vent valve hose.
  9. Lower the vehicle.
  10. Clear the DTC.

Parts Information

Part Number

Bracket, EVAP Emission Canister Purge

Valve, EVAP Emission Canister Control

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

If I mont it to the same location, the line that goes to the canister will be to short. It would need to double the length. Did they give the wrong part?.

may have gotten the wrong part. the part number that is listed in the above tsb is the one you need for your vehicle. there are several different ones, depending on what model and year. the only models that the vent has to be relocated is the pick up trucks.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
This the GM # XXXXX the part 19207762

Ok, then for sure you got the wrong part. here is the correct part number

Valve, EVAP Emission Canister Control

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I just looked up that part number , everything is still for pickups.
by the tsb, the correct part number should be 10382105. I can verify tomorrow if you like.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

The only thing that gets me is everything that I have read says that it has to be reloacatedand if is for pickups. Nothing really points to suburbans, also i have seen the same issue with avalanche.

Yes please if you would.

Ok, I will verify the part number tomorrow