GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 11 years experience.
10949255

2007 chevy impala lt: air bag lite on code Boo85 does car..doors

2007 chev impala lt air bag lite on code Boo85 does car have sis senrors in doors
Category: Chevy
Expert:  GM Tech (Cam) replied 4 years ago.

Hi, I'm Cam
I will answer your question quickly but we may need to discuss this further. Please reply to continue the discussion.

That sensor is on the side impact bar in the door. So you will need the window up to get at it.

Important: When removing connectors, inspect for damage or corrosion. Damage or corrosion in the following requires repair or replacement of the affected component/connector:

The SIS
    The SDM module
    The SIS wiring harness connector
    The SDM wiring harness connector

1. Ignition OFF, disconnect the appropriate SIS connector.
  2. Remove the SDM connector.
  3. Test for infinite resistance between the signal circuit and ground.
    If less than infinite resistance, test the circuit for a short to ground.
  4. Ignition ON, test for less than 1 volt between the SIS signal circuit and ground.
    If greater than the specified range, test the circuit for a short to voltage.
  5. Ignition ON, test for less than 1 volt between the SIS voltage circuit and ground.
  6. Test for less then 1 ohm between the signal circuit SIS connector and SDM connector.
    If greater than the specified range, test the circuit for an open/high resistance.
  7. Test for less then 1 ohm between the voltage circuit SIS connector and SDM connector.
  8. If the circuits test normal, replace the appropriate SIS.
  9. Reconnect all SIR components. Ignition ON, with a scan tool clear and recheck for DTCs.
    If the SIS DTC returns and is current, replace the SDM.

Object Number:(NNN) NNN-NNNN Size: SF

GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience: GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 11 years experience.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
the car iam working on does not have a sensor in the door is it poss for the door to have been changed

Doubt it. These all came with it, do you have the wiring?

Do you have the yellow and white wire in a yellow connector?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
no

Strange, you should have. Are the wires inside the door boot for the wiring?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i took the other door apart it has the sensor i traced the wires to the plug. the drivers door has been changed their is no wires comeing from the main door plug thank you for your help it put me in the right dir i have paid to accept you ass.

Did you buy this new?