Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech

2000 2.2L S-10 Pickup keeps blowing ECM 1 fuse

so this started right after the fuel pump change?or all that work was done to try to fix the fuse blowing?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I was trying to solve for the fuel pump not running.

ok but after the pump change in the tank now it blows the fuse as soon as you turn the key on?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No not necessarily, I just did not know that the fuse was blown. The person who owned the truck told me that fuse had blown before when he had it. I checked it after installing pump because it still would not energize..
ok so right now when you turn the key on the fuse will blow.the ECM 1 fuse?or is there a new fuse in there now and it will not blow when you turn the key on?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
no it blows immediately when turning ignition
ok.first thing we need to do is get under the truck and unplug ALL the connectors on top of the gas tank.then see if that fuse still only do this is the fuse DID not blow every time you turned on the ignition before the fuel pump this correct that it didn't do this before or not?im sorry for the 20 questions i want to give you the best answer i can and knowing this will lead us one way or the other to get it running for you
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
ok im on it
let me know
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I unplugged the the fuel pump relay and then turned the ignition on and the fuse blowed immediately get under the hood and we need to unplug a few things and see if it still blows.follow all your fuel injector wires back close to the fire wall back there will be a plug to disconnect the fuel injectors unplug that and see if it blows
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

i couldnt find where u were talking about on the firewall but i unplugged the electrical plug on top of throttle body and it did not blow when turning on ignition. does that tell us anything?

which connector?

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
ok that is the IAC valve if the fuse STPS blowing when you unplug that inspect the wiring harness to it and make sure none of the wires are cut or pinched if they all look good replace the IAC and it should stop blowing the fuse