Jettadan1
Jettadan1, Chevy Technician
Experience:  Most of our fleet is chevy.
17254274

1982 chevy G30: 5.7, I need help hooking the vac...emission

Customer Question

I have a 1982 chevy G30 5.7, I need help hooking the vac. and emission parts up to a quadrajet.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Jettadan1 replied 6 years ago.
Let me know if its california emissions.
Expert:  Jettadan1 replied 6 years ago.
graphicgraphic
Expert:  Jettadan1 replied 6 years ago.
This is californiagraphic
Expert:  Jettadan1 replied 6 years ago.
graphicgraphic
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I've seen diagrams like this before, unfortunately the objects on the van don't look like the drawings. I haven't found the canister yet, but I'm sure it has one. I have found the PCV valve and connected it. The throttle selrnoid is not connected. Is there a way to tell the difference between manifold and ported vaccum? I need to know what the deverter valve, throttle return control selenoid, solenoid vaccuum control valve and electroic speed sensor actually look like. Your last two drawings look to be more realistic. I'm guessing that carb port M and L are the two large tubes at the bottom front and rear of the carb, ports B must be the one on the front top but H I'm unsure of.
Roy
Expert:  Jettadan1 replied 6 years ago.

H is on the front right but could be not used. You will have to hook up what you know and start from there.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Unfortunately the guy who took it apart isn't here, so I don't know very much. Is carb port J on the carb or are H and J part of a splitter? I really like your answer, don't get me wrong. I still don't know what the deverter valve, throttle return control selenoid, solenoid vaccuum control valve and electroic speed sensor actually look like.
Thanks Roy
Expert:  Jettadan1 replied 6 years ago.

Yours isnt california emissions is it.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes
Expert:  Jettadan1 replied 6 years ago.
I see. I will see you in the morning. i will have more then
Expert:  Jettadan1 replied 6 years ago.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
This looks like what I've been looking for. It will take me some time to digest it all. Can you tell me what book it came out of? It will not allow me to save the document.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
This looks like what I've been looking for. It will take me some time to digest it all. Can you tell me what book it came out of? It will not allow me to save the document. OK I see where it came from.
Thanks
Roy
Expert:  Jettadan1 replied 6 years ago.
Ok great
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I've been hammering on this for a few months and gotten nowhere until now.
Thanks
Roy
Expert:  Jettadan1 replied 6 years ago.
Great good luck