Anthony
Anthony, Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Certified
15218643

how do i change power steering pump 99 chevy tahoe

Customer Question

Category: Chevy
Expert:  Anthony replied 6 years ago.

Hello Sir or Madam. Welcome to justanswer!

Ok, take off the belt next. The get a pulley remover and installer kit from the parts store. Once the pulley is off, its an easy job.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
sorry ,I have the belt off. does the fan need to come off?
Expert:  Anthony replied 6 years ago.
Its much easier with the fan and shroud off.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yes sir, I have the fanshroud off, but does the fan itself need to come off? if so, waht are the steps to remove it? thanks in advance for your help
Expert:  Anthony replied 6 years ago.

The fan just unscrews. When your at the parts store also rent a fan clutch wrench set to get the fan off.

Register Here

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
hello Anthony, I am not a mechanic, and I appreciate your answers, b ut they just tell me what to do and not how to do it. If I need to add more money just let me know. I would like to know how to do this job from start to finish please.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
am i to assume that you don't give instructions on how to do the job....only what to do?
Expert:  Anthony replied 6 years ago.

Hi again.

I had to opt out because im not sure how to help you more. I'm not there to show you.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
sorry, may be it's me. you answers told me what to do... i have used this service numerous times before, and most would give instructions on how to do the job. i.e. after i told you the shroud was off, you said take off the belt. I am lucky that I knew I had to release the tension and new how to....but if I didn't already know this, I would be lost based on your instructions. In my opinion the instructions should have been : next remove the belt by releasing the tension...do this by using ...and explaing what tool to use for this. thats just my opinion. Thanks for your assistance.