David H
David H, GM master certified
Experience:  Cadillac Technician 18 years cadillac dealer.ase master master certified

fan is wobbling on my 2005 trailblazer. Rough noise coming

fan is wobbling on my 2005 trailblazer. Rough noise coming from engine compartment
Category: Chevy
Expert:  David H replied 6 years ago.
That model has problems with the fan motor assembly.You may need to replace the fan assembly.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Noise seems to lessen as engine speed increases. There doesn't appear to be any coolant leaking at the moment. Is it safe to drive to a repair site. Do you know about how much the part should cost and and estimate of total repair costs? Thank you for the information.;
Expert:  David H replied 6 years ago.
The fan assembly is about 500.00 dollars.The labor to replace is about 3.0 hours.As long as the engine temp. does not go to high it should be safe to drive.