Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Auto Mech / Electronics
Experience:  Chevrolet Cert., Heavy Line Mech, Race Shop Owner, Mobile Electronics.

Silverado..wiring harness..the passenger side behind the headlight, i

<p>where is the outside air temperature sensor for the 09 silverado and what is the part number. i see an empty wiring harness on the passenger side behind the headlight, i believe this is it. purchased part number 15-51150 but this will not fit the plug. can you tell me the correct part number and if i install the a DIC after market install switch on the dash board will the temperature reading show up or will i need the truck programed at the dealer</p><p>end result to see the outside air temperature on the DIC displayed just installed in the truck</p>

If the Truck was not equipped with the Temperature DIC or Mirror, then the Harness is not there

It is located behind the Frill on the Right, almost center

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Part Number ....15826773

My time & info costs me money
Please accept my answer if it has been helpful.
Regardless of the terms of your Just Answer account, I only get paid for my answer and effort by your accept

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
thanks can you tell me what is the harness behind the passenger front head light it has a blank cap and a metal clip attached to the head light wiring. this loks like a two prong receptical. the truck is not equiped with factory fog lights.

Depending on how the Truck was ordered, the Temp Sensor should be a "2" wire plug with Light Green / Black & Dark Green wires

Register Here