David, Chevy Technician
Experience:  14 years Chevy Tech

How to change spark plugs chevy Impala 2004

how to change spark plugs chevy Impala 2004
Category: Chevy
Expert:  David replied 6 years ago.
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I hope I can help you. There is no easy way to change the back plugs on these engines. A 3/8 drive flex head rachet and a universal spark plug socket are the best things to use. One other thing on some models there are engine mounts located on the front of the engine bolted to the radiator support. If you disconnect these mounts it will allow you to roll the engine foward to give you a little more room. If you have any other questions please let me know. If I have answered your question please hit ACCEPT. Thank you very much
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I would appreciate a picture or diagram. You answer was the same as my brother in law who is also a master mechanic. I had him on the phone yesterday when I was looking at the engine mounts. So I believe I am targeting the correct bolts. Is there a specefic technique to rolling the engine forward? He was confident that my wife and I could rock the vehicle and roll the engine without to much difficulty.
Expert:  David replied 6 years ago.
Gm does not have picture on how to get the spark plugs out sorry I can't help you with that part. As far as rolling the engine foward after the mounts are disconnected leave the car in park and start rocking the car front to back when you see the engine tilt real far forward put the parking brake on this will lock the engine foward.