Randall C
Randall C, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE Master, L1, 32 years, Diagnostic / Electrical Specialist

2008 Chevrolet Uplander: traction system, and abs lights go on..recall

I have a 2008 Chevrolet Uplander . At times the stability system, traction system, and abs lights go on. I did some research and there has been a service bulletin but according to the Chevy dealer that is not a recall so I would have to pay for the repair. I have a mechanic but I don't know what the repair is. Is there a bad sensor?
Chat Conversation Started
Tracer :

Hello, you are correct that there is standing TSB pertaining to a wheel speed sensor. A bad one will turn on all lights and set a trouble code. Without code, I can not say what sensor may be bad. the front sensors are part of the wheeel bearing hub. Most any shop can hook up scanner draw code and tell what sensor may be bad. You may be under warranty for this if you are not over the mileage. It was NOT a recall as you know. Most likely bad speed sensor. Which one? only a scanner hooked up can tell. Most parts stores will do a free scan if you would like that info or to at least know waht code and what sensor is at fault.

Chat Conversation Ended

If you are still working with your Expert on this question, you can post additional replies and receive additional information on this page.  If you received a satisfactory answer in Chat, you can accept the chat conversation above.
I noticed after the fact you started post under FORD. I have notified JA to move you to Chevy in which I am an expert as well. Sorry for confusion. I have notified JA to move the post. Thanks