Scott, Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Master Tech, ASE Master tech- automotive

2007 chevy: Wheres the exact location of a flasher (unit/module)

Customer Question

Where's the exact location of a flasher (unit/module) on a 2007 chevy avalanche and how do I gain access to it?

Thank you in advance.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Scott replied 6 years ago.
The flasher is and intergrated part of the Body control module. If the flasher fails you have to have the bcm replaced.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
the turn signal flasher? a 1' x 1" electronic box? I'm adding LED lights and I want to replace that module for one that will work specifically for LED's with out the load equalizers.
Expert:  Scott replied 6 years ago.
There is not an actual flasher on the 07 and up trucks from GM. The flasher is an integrated part of the body control module which is a 1.5 inch thick, 6 x 8 inch square module located behind the lh side of the knee bolster on the drivers side of the dash.