cartech
cartech, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  25 years ase mastertech. shop owner and tech
1511099

2003 Chevy Malibu: clutch..engages..it still blows out hot air

I have a 2003 Chevy Malibu, and AC is blowing out how air.

The AC Compressor clutch engages when the AC is turned on, and the refrigerant pressure is in the green. Yet it still blows out hot air. My Car repair manual doesn't give any ideas on what to check beyond these two things. Are there any things that I can check before having to take it to a mechanic?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  cartech replied 6 years ago.
when its running with the air on does it drip water under the car and if you where to touch the a/c lines are they both warm or one warm and one cold
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The evaporator housing drain tube does not appear to be dripping water, and both AC lines are warm.
Expert:  cartech replied 6 years ago.

well if both lines are warm either it doesn't have enough freon in it or there is a compressor or expansion valve problem i would recommend getting it charge by a service center they weigh the refrigerant to be sure it has the correct amount the charge kits you buy don't always work correctly

we see this on a regular bases and a regular charge fixes it