GMWrencher, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  100% GM Certified ASE Master Automobile Medium/Heavy Truck. Licensed State Auto Inspector

How fast (0 to 60) is a stock 1991 Chevy S10 pickup?

Customer Question

Category: Chevy
Expert:  GMWrencher replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
GMWrencher :

Hello, I will do my best to help answer your General Motors Vehicle questions.

Chat Conversation Ended

If you are still working with your Expert on this question, you can post additional replies and receive additional information on this page.  If you received a satisfactory answer in Chat, you can accept the chat conversation above.

0-60 times are 9-10 seconds depending on transmission and gear ratios.

I know you have accepted this answer, and I thank you very much, but I will ad, more realistic times are in the mid 11 second range, and if its an extended cab or 4wd that increases the time substantially to the 12-14 range.

Edited by GMWrencher on 8/12/2010 at 10:23 PM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank-you for information. I have one more question-- I am an Investigator for the Deparatment of Assigned Counsel in Washington State. Is there a possability that you would be able to testify to the information by telephone?

No thank you, I'm sorry, I just searched the information from other web forums and made a calculated decision based on similarly equipped vehicles. My initial response would be best case scenario, professional driver, closed course, proper conditions and stripped base light weight standard cab model. I dont feel confident in numbers I cant confirm. Im just trying to answer questions with the older information I can search and access. I can not officially validate the actual 0-60 time.

Your best possibility of finding the actual calculated tested time is to locate an older 1990 or 1991 magazine such as Motor Trend or Car and Driver that may have had a test session for a similar equipped vehicle. If the vehicle has been modified all tests are not evenly comparable. Most of those have a chart in the back pages with the spec and speeds of vehicles tested. You may can find a good comparable range. One other solution is to actually make a test on the vehicle using a timing device.

I in no way was trying to mislead the numbers in my initial answer. I had used what I had found quickly in truck forums from drivers that had similar vehicles. Most of the time people are interested in performace rather than legal questions. You really should have stated that this was for a legal issue in your initial question. It may have changed the out come of my answer to be more accurate with more information. I found times stating 0-60 from 10-14 seconds was common for the newer 2.2L which have slightly higher horsepower (8-15). Also something to consider the 2.5L had a horsepower increase in the mid production of 1991 build from around 90 to just at 110. With the right gear ratio and a standard trans I could believe high 10 seconds, but more commonly 11-14 seconds is more realistic. Search the S-10 forums.

No need to accept any additional answers. We can still discuss the question until your time has expired. If your not happy with the answers I have tried to provide I can Opt Out and let another Expert answer.

Edited by GMWrencher on 8/13/2010 at 1:53 PM EST