Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  20 Year Factory Trained Current GM Technician

2007 Chevy Impala: lt..The engine light came..gas cap..tanks

I have a 2007 Chevy Impala 4 dr lt. The engine light came on after putting gas in my tank one day 2 months ago. I have check the gas cap and had 4 to 5 new tanks of gas and still no change. We used autoxray code scout reader and found (2) codes p0449 and p0449 pd
with mil on, monitors, 1 inc. evap 6 ready, misfire, fuel, comp, catalyst 02 sensor, and 02 heater. codes reset and still came back on 2 days later.
Hello <a href="../profile.aspx?PF=47681548&FID=26"Customer

There is a vent solenoid in the back left (drivers) side on the inside of the fender by the filler tube where the gas goes to the tank. We replace these all the time on these cars for this code. It is called an Canister Vent solenoid Or an EVAP Vent solenoid.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Is this hard for anybody to install. Can we install it without going to dealer? What is approx. cost for this repair?
Very easy to do. 1 electrical plug, 1 bolt to remove and 1 hose to remove. less than a 15 minute job on the ground.
I replace them all the time and never looked at the price. Sorry